A Digital Video Recorder (DVR) is a fully automated device for recording CCTV images, also known as a CCTV DVR or CCTV recorder. It comprises of a high specification computer coupled with functionality and connections that are designed for the CCTV Security market.
Before CCTV DVR’s existed the most common way of recording CCTV video footage was through a multiplexer and time lapse VCR.
Advantages of a CCTV DVR:
- Huge storage capacity – upgradeable on site
- Negligible downtime for on site upgrades
- Eliminates video tapes
- Eliminates VCRs and the associated failures
- Consistently produces high quality recorded images
- Retrieve recorded footage instantly using intelligent search facility (No more scanning through hours of video tape)
- Intelligent motion detection software built-in
- Full remote access is available over both local intranet or the internet using our free client software
- Split screen monitoring/recordings without need for additional unit
Antron offers extremely powerful and flexible CCTV digital video recording systems for CCTV applications, sourced from reputable suppliers.
We are happy to discuss your security requirements and the different CCTV DVR options available with you in more detail, so feel free to email us at email@example.com or call us on 01923-855-006.