What type of information we retain
We obtain information about our:
- employees when they initially apply for positions in the company and for additional security and screening checks.
- Clients when they make an enquiry for our services and ongoing through the term of the contract services provided.
How we get the information and why we have it
The personal information we collect is usually limited to name, postal address, email address and telephone number(s). This is obtained via our website, on the phone or by email.
What we do with the information
We may use this information to:
- Process an application for employment (including those required for security screening checks current at the time of application) and ongoing through employment for pensions, personal taxation, private healthcare and the like.
- Process enquiries and orders from our clients.
- To carry out obligations arising from any contracts entered into.
- Dealing with system users in relation to installed and serviced/maintained systems.
- Notification of service, maintenance and reactive call out visits via email and telephone.
- Sending information which has been requested. This may include information about terms and conditions, system installations, maintenance, monitoring and the like.
- Sending invoices, contracts and other required correspondence.
How we store your information
We review our retention periods for personal information on a regular basis. We are legally required to hold some types or information to fulfil our statutory or regulatory obligations (for example screening records are retained for the term of employment of 7 years).
We only keep data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including satisfying legal, accounting or reporting requirements.
Your data protection rights
We may, in appropriate cases, where required by law, pass your data to the police or similar organisation’s such as law enforcement agencies (including fraud prevention and detection) or other governmental agencies. We will never share information with third parties for marketing purposes.
Your right to complain
If you have any problems with the way that we are handling your personal data, you are able to contact us by email email@example.com or by telephone 01923 855006 from 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office by telephone on 0303 123 113 Monday to Friday, between 9am and 5pm or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org you can also visit the ICO’s website by following this link: https://ico.org.uk/